The Lyonsdown School Alumni
It is now 110 years since Lyonsdown has occupied the site on the corner of Richmond Road and Gloucester Road in New Barnet. In 2006 Jill Collins, then a parent and chair of the Friends of Lyonsdown said in her history of the school, ‘The school has provided a firm and sure foundation for thousands of children over the last century, and will continue to do so for many years to come’.
The sole purpose of this will be to share the wonderful memories of a unique school and to also facilitate some very important objectives:
- create a database of past pupils with their key dates, photographs and memories;
- create a wealth of historical information for current and past pupils, teachers and parents to access;
- benefit new pupils to show how the school generates well prepared and high performing young individuals who have studied at Lyonsdown and then continue to achieve throughout their lives;
- bring in past pupils to the school to share their experiences/memories as a child and also in their professional careers;
- allow current pupils to benefit from past pupils’ work experiences and contacts, either by visiting the school or taking a trip to their work environment;
- eventually bring in some revenue through events and a magazine to benefit current children and their education.
If you are a past pupil, parent or teacher, please contact us with your name and the period during which you were a pupil at Lyonsdown School.
Send us your details or share some of your memories.
You can contact us at email@example.com